FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Renting cars in the U.S.
View Single Post
Old Jul 3, 2007, 3:36 pm
TravelWorldRadioShow

CBSA and Rental Vehicles

I can understand re: importing a car and reselling it if such was registered as a private vehicle to an individual. Please allow an Ottawa mandarin, within his/her 4-hour work-day, to explain to me how I can legally sell a car that is not mine, and which is registered to a corporate entity with a license to rent vehicles on a short-term basis....

This sounds like a great Rick Mercer skit --- Canadian drives up to border, alone, in a rented vehicle. Aggressive, over-the-top bureaucrat tells him to turn around, you can't come in with that, etc., etc. Canadian drives back to the McDonalds by the border in Champlain,NY and picks up 3 imams deeply entranced in their Koranic readings, and asks one to drive the car for the first 2 miles into Canada. Imam Rashid graciously accepts, and same previously aggressive, over-the-top bureaucrat gives him a big smile, waves the Maple Leaf, and shouts out "Welcome to Canada!".

That whole scenario makes me feel ever so much safer that CBSA, CSIS, et al, have their priorities in the right order (not).