FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SYD-AKL QF or LA
View Single Post
Old Jun 21, 2007, 4:31 pm
Blackcloud

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
LA now my favoured Trans-Tasman Airline

I have done the LA Trans-Tasman in J, solely for cost and SC.
I like them, get to practice my poor Spanish.
The seats are quite good, not Skybed but I find them better than Dreamtime and much better than Millenium which is perfect for this segment. They have AVOD, they do not issue noise cancelling headphones. (Note I noticed in the QFF email I received today that QF will update their Trans-Tasman offerings including premium headsets).
Food wise SYD-AKL is two half sandwiches, different types, and fruit. My TA never managed to get the vegetarian meals sorted. Nice Chilean wines, but there was one bottle of Argentinean as well.
Customer Service, can be hit or miss depending on load but they do answer the call button.
I have not had a flight cancelled or delayed, in fact have been early arrival, maybe has something to do with boarding calls made 1 hour before departure time. QP SYD does not make the call until 30 minutes or less before the flight and there generally is no line at the gates.
Oh my biggest gripe. Out of SYD my flight never gets credited but out of AKL it always automatically gets credited after 2 days. Why?