FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Droping a flight segment from itinerery.
View Single Post
Old Jun 21, 2007, 2:31 am
Smirnoff
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dddc
My folks have cashed in some of their QF points on a trip from Oz to Europe that involves Cathay, BA and Qantas. The Cathay part of the trip is over (good seats in Y, average food). Next is BA out to Athens, then back to London later this year and onwards to Tokyo before QF home Oz.

On the return to London leg, they can't stay more than 1 night/24 hours as they are having the stop over on this leg. If they decide to come back early on their own steam, how would this affect the remainder of trip? Would they need to tell BA or QF? I believe if you don't show for a leg on multi segment trip they may cancel the remainder of the flights. They're not worried about getting any mileage back on the cancelled flight segment.

Any help appreciated.

A little more information?

It's one ticket issued by QF for OZ-HKG-LHR-ATH-LHR-NRT-OZ ?

You say that they ATH-LHR-NRT flights allow no stopover (>24 hours), so the want an earlier flight flight from ATH-LHR, is that correct?

I would say they are risk of having the onward flights cancelled, especially if the onward LHR-NRT is on BA, it's an almost certaintly.

Can they not call QF to move the BA flight ATH-LHR to the earlier date they require, or this is not permitted under the fare rules, or because the trip has already commenced?

You may find that BA in ATH are a little more flexible in either moving the flight, or protecting the onward flights if you come up with some reason for needing to leave ATH earlier.

Remember they can get a whole evening and a morning in LHR even without a stopover - ATH-LHR arrives at 1635, LHR-NRT departs at 1545 next day.