FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UK to South Africa at 7 hours notice and my First BA First
Old Jun 20, 2007, 12:52 am
littl_flier

Programs: QF WP + PG
Originally Posted by wireless033
How do you young guys pay your trips as students? You have some type of incredible business or your parents pay?
For me, I work my butt off for 8 months of the year with 45 hours per week and study part time. Then 4 months of the year I study full-time and live like a student, and travel unlike a student, thanks to a nice allowance work keep paying me. ^

I'm about to start 8 months of work again and will study full-time this semester. Based on my job bookings, its looking like a hellish 8 months. Thankfully its broken up with two weeks in North America ^, 2 weeks at Byron Bay in NSW for Christmas, a week in Sydney & Melbourne, a couple of rural Queensland trips for work and some footy weekends.

Work hard, play hard is my philosphy.

PS. I pay for every cent of my travel but skimp out and don't pay board or anything. I've also been known to be a bit dodgy and purchase cheap fares for either Mum or Dad and I and then they pay the rest of the expenses. Paid $470 for Dad's airfare to Thailand recently and more than recouped that in "other" expenses. ;-)

Last edited by littl_flier; Jun 20, 2007 at 12:58 am