FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: FAQ: Missing / Skipping Segment - Hidden City / Point Beyond Ticketing
Old Jun 19, 2007, 1:02 pm
EC Traveler

Programs: SPG Plat and that is that!
Impact of skipping last flight on Award Travel

Hi -

I have routing on hold through tomorrow:

IAD-MIA Thursday Night
MIA - AUA Friday Morning
AUA - MIA Monday Night
MIA - IAD ... Tuesday Morning

I *have* to get back Monday night and there is a flight available to take; just not on award.

Worst case, I'd just book the open jaw back into MIA and purchase the MIA - IAD flight for $100; but what i want to know is that can I redeem the award with the Tuesday MIA-IAD flight in hopes that my flight opens up for award (once ticketed it would be more than the cost of the flight to pay the $100 change fee to add the last segment on).

But if October rolls around and I never find my flight available for award, what happens if I just never show up for my Tuesday award flight???

Does this make sense? I.E. I need to decide whether to just take what I can get and pay the $100 for the last segment not available now...or can I hold off and just skip the last segment.

I know logic doesn't prevail here, but I find it silly that I would be charged $100 to drop a segment but that seems to be the rules...even though they conceivably could sell the seat...

Thanks!