Old Jun 18, 07, 1:22 pm
Smirnoff
FlyerTalk Evangelist

BA is 3 times cheaper than FR - the Liarair Price Guarantee Nonsense

So Liarair claims to be the Low Fares Airline. Just perusing the FR website, as you do, when you fancy reading some fiction, and interested in the headline:

WE GUARANTEE TO SAVE YOU MONEY

Find a lower fare than Liarair and we will refund double the difference
* Click here for details

But when you click here, you get routed to where you can fly FROM £10. Not a word about the guarantee. Just more fiction about cheapest, cheapest, cheapest, lie, lie, lie.

Having just booked 2 tickets to NQY for this Saturday on BA for £19 each plus tax, a total of £89, I was interested how much I could have saved if I had a booked on FR (not that I would have, of course, because I want to actually get there this time).

So, 2 Liar tickets this Saturday to NQY on Europe's cheapest airline will come to a bargain basement fare of..... drumroll.... more drumroll.....wetting myself out of anticipation....£245.

That's without paying for OLCI (which would make it £249), without a seat, without a lounge, without a drink on board, without anything in fact, because they probably won't go anyway.

£249 is a staggering £160 more than BA's fare of £89. So, does this mean O Liary gives me £320 in cash for spotting this?