FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 3P: able to bring guest to E+?
View Single Post
Old Jun 16, 2007, 10:43 am
PHLGovFlyer

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Originally Posted by happycow
Anyone able to help me understand what's up with the inflexibility? Was it because of the award ticket? Do they frown on 3Ps bringing guests? We're my expectations too high (e.g., window/aisle combo is a premium)? My biggest frustration with the CSRs was the lack of justification--they just said "no" without explantation.
With two elites and two kids you absolutely can get everyone into E+ and on a 777 you absolutely can get 2 sets of window/aisle combinations in tandem (such as 18AB and 19AB for example). I've done this many times with my GF and 2 kids. The issue is that all companions of elites in E+ must be in an adjacent seat. When you mentioned window and aisle combinations the CSRs may not have been thinking about the 2-5-2 configuration on the 777. They may have been thinking about a narrowbody 3-3 configuration where it is not possible to put a companion on the window with the elite on the aisle since the seats are not adjacent. Another factor is that every time I've gotten seat assignments for me, the GF and the 2 kids in E+ the CSR has had to put me on hold and contact a supervisor in order to get the seating cleared. It may be that your CSRs weren't aware of this step or they may have simply been lazy. I'm not certain how the split PNR issue plays into this, but as always, just hang up and try again.