FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SAS Dash Q-8 vs A319 etc.
View Single Post
Old Jun 3, 2003, 10:48 am
ORD Finn

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by FlyingFinn:
Ditto with my ORD-prefixed namesake , if you have to stick to a turboprop, then the Dash-8 is as good as it gets.
</font>
Not only that... I'd take a SK Dash-8 over a UX CRJ, which I too often have to fly here in the Midwest, anytime hands down.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">
I find the noise level extremely bearable, even for flights around 2 hours.</font>
It is quite alright. An iPod and noise cancelling headphones help nicely too

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">
Compare this with the extremely crappy and rude service that one gets on AY (Ok, this only stands for Finns, speak English/Swedish/whatever and you'll be treated miles better),and I was very happy.</font>
I have noticed this too that on AY you often get better service by pretending to be a foreigner. But on the short hops intra-Scandinavia/Europe and so, who really cares about in-flight service? I usually have my coffee and snack in the lounge before the flight and decline all the in-flight offerings focusing on reading or sleeping on the plane. For me it is more important that the airport services run smoothly and quickly -- SK is almost always pretty good at this. AY is usually good too, but I do have some really annoying experiences with them (part of the reason why I moved to SK years back, still living in Finland).