FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - OT: Bose QCII and QCIII
View Single Post
Old Jun 13, 2007, 11:52 pm
number_6
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by Pocket Aces
...They QC2s are quite bulky so, as someone pointed out, it would be difficult if you choose to lie on your side in a flat bed. ....
The QC2 are much better than the QC3 (in terms of quality), but a also much bulkier and heavier. AA used to have QC2 and has switched over to QC3 headsets, and after about 40 flights with QC3s I'm quite sure I prefer the QC2. Also about 25% of the QC3 headsets that I've tried on those flights have been defective (generally a buzz, but sometimes one channel is dead); the QC2s rarely if ever failed. An interesting case of a newer, more expensive product being inferior to the prior generation. I'd say the choice is between QC2 or Sony in-ear (which has its own set of advantages and disadvantages). With NC headsets it seems to boil down to individual preference, you really have to try to know what is best for you. There is little correlation between price and quality, and there are a half dozen different products that each have some merit (all the way down to USD 30 -- some of the cheapest ones are the best). My personal favourite is the John Deere headsets (a farm equipment manufacturer, their NC headsets are for driving tractors on the prairie), costing USD 90 and competitive with the Bose but with the cool Deere logo.