FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Screened at gate by TSA
View Single Post
Old Jun 13, 2007, 3:26 am
viking407rob

Programs: NW Gold Elite, DL, HH, Victoria Court Select Member
Originally Posted by doctall41
OK, I was standing second in the A line at a Southwest gate in Dallas. I needed to be in the front so I could get an exit row seat, given my need for legroom. As I gave the GA my BP, two TSA agents stopped me and said I had been selected for additional screening. As they are wanding me and looking through my bag, I told them they were ruining my chance for an exit row. I was pleasant.
The man wanding and patting me down found some object in my pocket and asked what they were. I had snuck two small mini-bar sized bottles of rum in my front pockets when I went through the WTMD at security (plastic lid, so no metal there). I figured for sure the guy at the gate would take them from me, but I showed them to him and he handed them back to me and sent me on my way. I had no baggie, and he had to assume I brought them from outside. You can't buy those inside the airport.

by the way, I still got the exit row!

On a few short distance flights, I've actually filled my token baggie with tiny bottles of booze. If you are flying coach they sure come in handy, as opposed to paying five bucks for a lukewarm alcoholic beverage and plastic cup.