FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Am I Insane for Considering ANC During July 4th Week?
Old Jun 12, 2007, 6:47 am
tev9999

Programs: Dirt Status w/ All
I've decided to just stick to the South of Anchorage for the trip. I'll save the North for another time. My plan so far:

Saturday - arrive late, will deal with the Econo Inn unless something good comes up on priceline/hotwire.

Sunday - Probably drive to Homer and explore. End the day in Moose Pass at the Trail Lake Lodge.

Monday - Kenai Fjords 9.5 hour cruise out of Seward. Still deciding on the big boat or small boat with Mariah Tours. It's only $10 more for the 22 person boat instead of the 100+ person. I'm going to wait until a day or two before to check the weather before booking the non-refundable cruise. Can anyone compare the two boat trips?

Tuesday - Exit Glacier, will probably do the easy hikes. More exploring around Seward.

Wednesday - Migrate back towards ANC. Maybe hit Whittier just for the tunnel experience.

Wednesday night - fly home.

The order is subject to change based on weather. I hate having an overly detailed plan, so I'll probably just print out this thread, grab a map/Milepost book and go from there.

Thanks again for the help.