FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - American Airlines will not issue a refund (for re-route in coach on J ticket)
Old Jun 9, 2007, 2:27 pm
tasdk

Unhappy Request American Airlines Refund

As a first time user of flyertalk, I appreciate the ideas generated in this forum.
Thanks to all who have responded to my plea for help in contacting American Airlines about a refund due because of a schedule change. The original tkt was BDL via SJU, PUJ in business class. The segment from SJU to PUJ was coach, as business class was not available. The return flight PUJ via SJU, BDL was cancelled and rebooked by AA: PUJ via MIA to BDL.
The problem: business class service was availabale on the PUJ MIA segment and the AA agent in PUJ refused to seat us in business class or issue a refund to our credit card.
Please note that there is no way to contact a live AA agent to help me. I have used the format on AA.com for refunds with no resolution. Calling AA is a deadend as the agent tells me to request a refund on AA.com. I even drove to ALB airport to ask a live agent to help me..........sorry! Use AA.com. This was a waste of approx. 1hr, 15min driving time, gas, etc. Please note that I have always liked to fly AA, but something has changed about the lack of service to passengers.