FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LGW CE Enhancememts
View Single Post
Old Jun 8, 2007, 10:58 am
moonbeam

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by G-BOAC
The former I have never experienced - it sounds crap though. The latter is a woeful and deeply insulting 'afternoon tea' service. You got it NAP-LGW? Try getting it RIX-LGW (when it was running) and see how you feel...that's nearly as far as HEL-LHR, ffs! I was so annoyed at it that I got a comments card and sent it in. On the plus side, I did get a personal response because it referenced first of all my praise for the Purser (who made the best of a crap offering as usual)...but then went in to the usual general crap about 'sorry you were not happy...we cater to the time of the day...can't please everyone...hope to see you again' Really, it is a totally dire offering. It's the single cherry tomato on the side I find most insulting of all [BA's inevitable response: remove said tomato in future? ]

That said, the drinks service will always depend on the crew - on the flight I mention here, the Purser couldn't do enough and offered multiple drinks when glasses were in danger of being empty...
Yeah RIX-LGW was a joke same meal and my CSD only offered drinks when i rang the bell