FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LX: Swiss carrier takes up easyJet price gauntlet
Old Jan 13, 2003, 2:41 am
padams

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by sjharte:
Easyjet may not require 28 days advance booking but their fares automatically increase as the flight date approaches so LX may have taken the view that, in practice, there is an advance booking requirement (although not 28 days) for cheap Easyjet fares.

Stephen
</font>
True. But I fly at least once to week GVA-London (Luton or Gatwick) same day return and book few days in advance overall costs usually about 200 CHF. now try that on LX ...

I suspect that many of the UK skiers that are always on teh winter flights book VERY early and pay a lot less than the LX offer.

I think that LX will not get the (many) business travellers on board the average easyjet flight to London (same day return and advance booking) and the LX offer is simply still too expensive for the opportinistic UK skier (and GVA students)that books at midnight when the new EZE prices are on the net for the season.

Peter
(PS Paris trips tend to be a lot cheaper even)