FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Unauthorized activities in my account
View Single Post
Old Jan 8, 2003, 4:34 pm
Guy Betsy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
HajoFlyer, it seems to me that you're just trying to track your friend whom you seem to have lost. She might have not wanted you to know her routing, but in all fairness, the final destination and return is excatly the same as originally booked, except that she is not going through Vienna now. So Travelclub assumed that the original routing is no longer required but as dates have not been changed, they just issued the ticket. Looks like you should be taking this up with YOUR friend and not Travelclub.

Your authorisation was on the original ticket/destination. HAD there been a different destination, and return date, MAYBE TravelClub might have asked for a clarification. If there were MORE miles involved, Travelclub will definitely call you before issuing the ticket. But in this case, it is not necessary as passenger decided not to go through VIE for various reasons.

If you are 'donating' a ticket, Travelclub can only assume that you had 'okayed' on the routing and miles to be deducted. They have more things to do than to track you down and ask if its okay if your friend takes the evening flight, morning flight, routing via VIE or ZRH. They see the final destination, miles the same.. okay just issue.

FYI - calls to any TravelClub number is tollfree and routed to call centres in either Brisbane or Capetown. I don't know where the other one is.