FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Who/where to address a customer service issue
Old Jun 1, 2007, 5:31 pm
aztimm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Wow, I thought for sure I'd get several replies in a day. I can only imagine the comments this would have gotten over on the US forum. Seems the NW forum is a bit more tame...

Anyway, my thought was to send it to the address on nwa.com, and email, possibly copy the DOT (not that they could actually do anything). The coworker is more interested in making sure the FAs are properly trained in this than actually getting anything (although she wouldn't turn down anything offered). If anyone has any better suggestions, feel free to either reply or PM me.

This doesn't sound like the NW service I'd expect, but since I wasn't there, I'm relying on a co-worker's story. Back when I flew NW more actively (late 80s to mid 90s), I recieved a $200 voucher after a flight I was on (SEL-DTW in biz) was 45 min late into DTW; I had to wait for a DTW-ABE anyway, so it wasn't a biggie. But I did use the voucher for a nice SEA-HNL-SEA vacation (not sure if NW even does that route anymore). I got hooked on NW with their AMEX college coupons ($99 travel in US), then for travel to Asia when I was in the military and grad school. Their customer service was always superior, and I continued to fly them after I moved to PHX, but eventually tired of hub transfers in DTW, MSP, or both, and gave in to HP (now US).

Last edited by aztimm; Jun 1, 2007 at 5:44 pm