FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Qualiflyer RIP, Where is the best place to go?
Old Sep 9, 2002, 9:33 am
kurz

Qualiflyer RIP, Where is the best place to go?

Qualiflyer dies by the end of 2002. The bad news has been mentioned in other postings.

Qualiflyer currently is my most flexible frequent flyer programme. Better than the other ones where I am a member, like KLM Flying Dutchman, Lufthansa Miles & More, Air France Frequence Plus, British Airways Executive Club and Alitalia MilleMiglia. None of the others have eight segments per award ticket, various airlines for awards, cheap C-Class awards (25,000 miles for up to 8 European flight segments). I fear most of this will get lost.

LOT Polish will join Lufthansa Miles & More; Swiss will go alone with TravelClub; TAP Air Portugal will go alone with Navigator; SN Brussels will go alone with Privilege. SN Brussels Airlines has a very limited network and in its frequent flyer programme zero to none partner airlines. TAP Air Portugal has a slightly better network but its frequent flyer programme has also zero to none partner airlines. Swiss has in my opinion the best network of the 4 but is unclear about the partner airlines in its new frequent flyer programme. Lufthansa Miles & More is in the Star Alliance and has beyond Star a series of other partner’ airlines. Nevertheless I presume Miles & More is relative expensive when booking awards, see http://cms.lufthansa.com/de/fly/de/m...16783,00.html.

My question is: where is the best place to go? Swiss? Miles & More?

[This message has been edited by kurz (edited 09-09-2002).]