FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is anyone concerned about too many 2 for 1 transfers to Qualiflyer
Old Aug 19, 2002, 10:42 am
hvd

Programs: AA EXP, LX travelclub
AHO, I too agree and think that it is unfortunate that Europeans are treated as shabbily in American FF programs as we are by European. It seems to me that all of the various airlines would do better to target those who have demonstrated their loyalty to the program by providing them with such benefits rather than scattershot providing them to a domestic audience hoping to create such loyalty.

My entire family had achieved and maintained travelclub membership with SR because the airline had earned, through first rate service, our loyalty. When the airline dropped credit card credits of any kind for non-Europeans the economics demanded that we transfer that loyalty somewhere else. We stuck it out with SR for an additional year but ultimately were forced to concede that the program had become so devalued for us that we couldn't afford to continue giving SR and now Swiss our business. This has saddened us and is we think a bad business decision for Swiss which, frankly, needs all the business it can muster.