FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Noticed a Button campaign this weekend
View Single Post
Old May 29, 2007, 9:37 am
motytrah

Originally Posted by avidflyer
I was in 1B DTW-LAX on Saturday and saw the Captain handing out buttons from the APLA to the FA's that said something about corporate greed (it was a catch phrase having to do with cheese) but they did not wear them right away. As a matter of fact, the flight crew was fantastic (337 dtw-lax). Me thinks, however, bad things could be coming. I for one hope that NWA gets in front of this. The last "summer from hell" I had was with UA (99 I think?) and it pretty much sent me packing.

Having said that, without all of the flame and still smoldering ash of that last string regarding FA's and action, what do you guys think we can expect here? I doubt an agreement is coming quick enough to deter any Chaos and I am wondering if any of you are worried enough that you are looking at other AL's (and getting comped) for the summer? I want my 4 SW's so I am really hoping I can stay with NW for the summer but it may not be in the cards. At the end of the day, I fly to work and if MY customers are impacted then I can not justify sticking with NW. Thoughts?
This is somewhat big news if the pilots are actively supportings the FAs. For the most part NW has been able to walk all over the FAs because the Unions didn't support each other during BK. The general view of business analyists is NW can replace FAs pretty easily. Sure you could get some bad days of chaos, but the bean counters seem to think the labor cost reduction would be worth it. However, if the pilots joined a chaos campaign it could cripple the airline. You can't just wave some money into front of laid off regional pilot and put them in the captains seat of 747.