FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Canceling Miles and Co-Pay Upgrade Request
Old May 24, 2007, 7:38 pm
AlexS

Canceling Miles and Co-Pay Upgrade Request

I requested a miles and co-pay upgrade for my NRT-DFW flight on 6/16 in the beginning of April and was put on the wait list. The flight is currently bouncing between J0 and J1, so it doesn't look like it would clear, but on the off chance that it did, I'm sure I'd wind up with a middle seat. I've got 31H booked, and while I'd gladly take an op-up, the miles and co-pay weren't worth it to me to get a middle seat in Biz, so I called to cancel my upgrade request.

I explained what I wanted to do, and the woman was very nice, but put me on hold for a few minutes. When she came back, she said she was really sorry, but there's nothing she could do now since J is completely sold out. I said I understood and that's why I wanted to cancel my upgrade request, which she gladly did.

Anyway, this got me thinking, do you think she checked with yield management while I was on hold? I'm only a lowly plat-lite, but when she came back and said "There's nothing I can do..." it made me think she tried to get someone to clear the upgrade on the spot.

Anyone have any luck doing this? I have another miles and co-pay request pending for a flight that's still J7 but C0, and am tempted to try calling to cancel and see if they'll clear it

Alex