FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Arrrrgh stupid stupid (agent at MCO book poor connection)
Old May 24, 2007, 4:25 pm
andrzej
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP-1.6MM, Hilton Diamond, ManU & Chicago Bears #1 Fan
Originally Posted by SimonsMiles
So I've just looked at the boarding passes I was issued for my flight MCO-xORD-LHR. It shows that my MCO-ORD segment will be delayed - the flight departure time shows 8pm, whereas the flight was scheduled to depart at 7pm. My connection leaves ORD at 9:50pm, and that is also printed on my boarding pass.

This means that I was checked in onto a flight which the person checking me in *knew* I had no chance of making my connection. I checked in at 4pm - I was at the airport early. In addition, I *asked* if there were any problems with the Chicago flight, and I was told that the only problems are with flights to Dallas, Texas.

Now my bag has been checked in, and I'm being told that there is no way to get it off. I have a flight direct to Gatwick with Virgin, but if I can't get my luggage from AA then I clearly can't get on there.

Damn stupid lying check-in lady :-(

-simon
You are actually departing at 7pm ORD time. With a flight of about 2 hours you will be in Chicago around 9pm, plenty of time to make your LHR flight. Relax.