FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort and Spa (Austin, TX) - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old May 22, 2007, 2:10 am
dbuckho

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA Silver, HHDmd, MBvLTPLT, PCAmb/Dmd, HYT Dis
Just stayed there for a conference. Also agree with Weatherboy - it reminds me of the Cambridge property. I liked the setting in Texas hill country along the Colorado river. Staff was amazingly friendly and helpful.

Was a good at facility for the event I attended. Lots of cool historcal photos and art in the conference area hallways. Food was decent, room was comfortable enough, liked the golf course (plays very long), and enjoyed the pool. Also, I did not mind the 30 minute drive into town to catch some music on 6th Street (I live in LA - do not get to enjoy an open road that often!). Definitely not a place to stay for an Austin business trip, but I could see coming back there with kids and staying for a few days and even using as a base to explore central Texas.

Also had a $100 dining certificate for a future stay between 7/15 and 1/31 in my room. Not sure if that was specific to this property or something Hyatt is doing across the board?