FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Questions. Are one way mileage upgrades not possible?
Old May 21, 2007, 6:32 pm
GWave120

Programs: NWA Gold
MJLogan, thanks. That's what I really needed to know. tev9999, no, I can't upgrade with miles at the time of purchase on the NWA Japan site, but apparently I can on the US site. Since I'll have the ticket purchased for me, in yen, by a Japanese company, this doesn't do me much good. Guess I'll have to call the elite line tonight after work.

The routing will be KIX-DTW-MSY, or possibly NGO(-NRT)-DTW-MSY. Looking at the fare charts, Z is pretty much wide open on midweek flights. Friday and weekends look like a lost cause, but I have a lot of flexibility with my dates.

No, I won't be purchasing the ticket, but I get the feeling I'm gonna have the cheapest one possible purchased for me, whatever fare class that may be. So, are there any specific fare classes I should try and steer away from?

florin, and everyone else, what are the possible consequences of buying a RT ticket and not showing up for the return flight?