FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Odd questions by Immigration
View Single Post
Old May 20, 2007, 12:27 pm
kasop

Programs: DL, AA,
I had a similar experience this week coming from BOG-FLL, that said I was expecting it, afterall it is BOG, but I got quite an interrogation.

The usual, how long have I been away, what do I do for a living, with whom was I with in BOG, long stares directly into my eyes.

Then something that never happened to me before, he held up my customs form which I had filled out on the plane and he asked my not once but twice would I like to change it in anyway, I told him firmly NO and then I asked why, he just responded that he would me to have the opportunity to tell the truth on it, I told him that whatever was written on it was "the truth" He notated my customs firm which meant I had to be secondary screened in customs and when I got there the customs agent told me to go to Area B, and when I arrived there they looked me up and down like a criminal and told me to go ahead and leave.

The whole experience was a bit unerving to say the least.

The purpose of my visit was to visit a friend who was having surgery in Bogota which I had told the immigration officer.

Normally immigration takes under a minute, but on this occasion it took about 5 minutes, not a whole lot but still it was a bit unsettling.

I hated my reaction to the process, I got short of breath and nervous, (for no reason at all, afterall he is just doing his job) but I can understand why he thought I was trying to hide something. Anyway all's well that ends well.