FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I raised my voice and they threatened me with arrest
Old May 19, 2007, 5:58 pm
law dawg

Originally Posted by richard
Traveling at IAD because the airline canceled our flight due to a mechanical and put my family on a different airline, we got SSSSSSed.

They put you through a great deal of rigamorale. There is a whole body air sampler scanner, the usual metal detectors and a large area past those where they do a wipe-test of your bags and an inspection.

I was put into the glass pen after I walked through the metal detector and I couldn't see my stuff. My stuff was miles away. No line of sight.

So I objected. Several times. Nobody paid attention. So I objected louder. I wasn't angry just talking loud.

A TSA person rushed over and told me that if I "kept being disruptive" they would have a policeman arrest me.

So, no line of sight with our bags and they are not responsible for any loss, of course. Fantastic.
Richard,

A TSA screener can no more direct a LEO to arrest someone than you can direct them to.

At the end of the day its the LEO's call as to whether or not your actions rise to the level of an arrestable offense, which it doesn't appear in this case to have been.