FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rules for accessing Premium Seats?
View Single Post
Old May 18, 2007, 2:09 pm
avidflyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by cmh flyer
I am confused and I think Northwest is too! Tomorrow I am flying to New Orleans with 5 non-elite friends. I tried to help them by telling them to do online checkin today within 24 hours of departure so they could select the still vacant exit row seats and/or some of the many vacant premium seats. I tried walking them thru the process over the phone but it would not work. I called the elite line and they confirmed that yes, within 24 hours of departure, they should be able to select those seats - even for a non-elite.

We tried again and it would not work. I call back, asking to be transferred on the internet support desk due to difficulties with the online checkin process. However, the online support service rep contradicted what the elite line told me. They said that the only seats these non-elite flyers could get during the checkin process are the Choice seats for $15. They told me it's been that way for a long time.

Is that your understanding?
Yes. Exit rows and $$ seat are open to non-eliets but "P" seats are just for Elite selection.