FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Are WP award tickets valid for RT ticketing of over one year in length?
Old May 15, 07, 11:23 am
DoubleJ

Programs: Willamette Valley Cropdusters Silver Elite, National Tent Frequent Stay program, Ed's Rent-a-tractor
Question Are WP award tickets valid for RT ticketing of over one year in length?

For example, can I (award) ticket an international roundtrip leaving September 1st 2007, setting a temporary return date of March 1st 2008, and later change the return date (for the requisite fee) to a final return date of October 1st 2008? (Work is taking me out of the country for over a year.)

Did a search and found info concerning paid/cancelled tickets, but not award tickets.

FYI, the WP Award pages online state:
Effective for tickets issued on or after November 1, 2006: for both wholly and partially unused award tickets, changes may be made for up to one year from the originally scheduled outbound flight.
But it's not clear to me whether this actually has any bearing on the situation. Perhaps someone could provide a little practical knowledge/experience on this matter? Thanks.