FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - spilled juice: compensation
View Single Post
Old May 8, 2007, 1:59 pm
United777Heavy

Programs: 1.3mm
Originally Posted by LHR Tim
Nylon??

Here is a bit of trivia, in 2006, the average home in Potomac sold for $1,033,559.

Maybe nylon sweat pants aren't available in her neighborhood, as that might bring the property value down. Maybe cleaning of her pants will cost her more than twenty-five dollars offered... or maybe, all that she wanted was a sincere apology and help.

She, like many want to get as much as they can out of United, because they feel they deserve something for their pain and suffering. Granted the way the FA handled the situation was poor, it's not the first time this has occured, and it won't be the last.

It really is a sad state of affairs that she (like so many others) have been conditioned that if something goes wrong with their flight or experience, that they deserve compensation. .... happens, life is not perfect... yes, when we fly 1st or business, we should expect that everything should work and that service is good... but this is life.

People who complain about cold nuts, pre-drinks, hanging of the coats before the flight, lights, movies, luggage, priority tags, meals selections and order-taking... there is so much more important things in life than this.

When I fly United, my only expectation is to get to my final destination safely and usually on-time. So the nuts are cold... so I have to actually stand and ask for water or a drink, hang my own jacket... it's all minor.

These FA are not our servants and we shouldn't treat them so. They are here for our safety and comfort, blah blah blah.