FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Options when significant schedule change on award ticket
Old Apr 27, 2007, 1:36 pm
kudzu

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
Originally Posted by mtpatt0
...Bottom line? If your award ticket undergoes a schedule change, I think you can stand your ground and get on an earlier (or later) flight. From my experience, most other airlines will happily do this without question to retain satisfied customers. It's always (or most times) a fight with USAirways!
I agree that when schedules change, you can pretty much name your alternate flights. Well, I guess I must be one of the few who've found US to be very helpful when doing award changes...

My friend and I had booked a fall Saver Envoy PHL-ZRH roundtrip back in January. I checked after the migration, and lo and behold, our outbound flight had completely disappeared (and no, I was not notified). It turned out that PHL-ZRH is not planned as a daily flight anymore, and our booked flight no longer goes that day. I took that as an opportunity to ask for the flight on another day I really wanted, and it took only a couple of minutes for Inventory to release 2 seats for us ^