FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Clayton Plaza Hotel St. Louis [Master Thread]
Old Apr 25, 2007, 2:13 pm
skye1

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Pam
Skye1, thank you so much! From what you said, I am thinking I could walk back and forth from the Hampton Inn? If so, that solves my problem completely; I didn't know if a cab driver would take offense if I wanted to just ride that short distance.

And I don't know how much I would be with him, either; the last seven weeks he was in ICU in Arkansas, and I was with him most of the time (small hospital, they knew him because he's a paramedic instructor there). I'm flying completely blind here, and I really, really hate that "not in control" feeling.

But if I can walk between the two, I'm there! I can do the cab from/back to the airport. And once I find out what is happening, I may very well reach out to "touch someone" there. I'm so appreciative.
I have PM'd a couple of them as a heads-up. Maybe one or more of us will be able to offer a ride (nice break from the back of a cab) or to meet for coffee (as a break from the hospital cafeteria, TONS of great cafe's only a very short, drive away---STL locals reading this, I'm thinking on Kaldi's Coffee in nearby The De Mun area, the Central West End area across the park, or in the park @ the Boathouse on the lake, etc.) .

There's also a Holiday Inn and a Red Roof Inn w/in walking distance as well, if the Hampton doesn't work out for you. I would think any of those, as well as the Sheraton, would only require notice by 6pm or so on an arrival date if you decide to switch after trying one out & it doesn't work. Okay, now for my lame attempt to bring this back on topic with another idea: The Sheraton Clayton might be a nice "break" for you in case you just need one night for yourself away from the hospital, etc. to recharge.

Last edited by skye1; Apr 25, 2007 at 10:10 pm