FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Generous by Nature (until they realized their mistake)
Old Apr 25, 2007, 1:55 pm
johan rebel
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by erik123
I would fax a letter to the corproate ofice -.
That's were the previous reply came from. In addition, I received the following today :

Dear Mr Rebel,

Thank you for your reply.

I am quite happy with the intended compensation offer that was made to you and the way the complaint was dealt with by the agent in question and you are also always within your rights to decline the 5000 miles in question should you prefer to do so - it is not, however, a matter that we are open to
negotiation on. [. . .] Additionally, the agent was also correct in informing you that the Delft houses in question are only available on board and that we do not have a facility to replace those nor to request that replacements be provided. That would be a perfect system to have in place, but it is not currently what we are able to offer.

I am sorry to hear that you believe the KLM product to be in a "state of accelerating decline" and I would fully understand that if you are of that opinion you may wish to consider other carriers to be your carrier of choice.

Personally, I do not share your opinion, although I fully understand that the service that we are offering and the service that you are expecting to receive may not necessarily match - and that is certainly where the benefits of customer choice come into play.

While we would be sorry to lose your valued custom, we would also understand any choice by you to change carriers if this were indeed the case or if changing situations (like charging for certain seats as you have mentioned) do in fact come into play.

I fully understand at the same time that we have areas where we can continue to significantly improve.

Johan