FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I Don't Understand People Who Spend $$$$ On Biz Tickets, & Only $ On Hotels
Old Apr 22, 2007, 8:35 am
kaukau

Programs: HA Pua. Platinum WP, PR, QF, UA, AA, DL, NW Prince Preferred
I'm kinda with your boss here. One is never really "stuck" in a hotel room, but one can surely be "stuck" on an airplane, willing to pay almost anything to "Stop the torture!".

Often, the coach experience is something just this side of 12 hours in a dental chair, with thumb screws; up front in F is just this side of the Peacock Throne with handmaidens in attendance!

On a tourist, or even business trip, one may find oneself leaving the hotel room at 7:30am, and not returning until 10:30pm; always out and about, using the hotel only for ingress, egress, sleeping, and showering. Don't really want anything but a comfortable bed and a hot shower. No need for the bells and whistles.

And psychologically, spending a week or 10 days dreading the return flight can really put the kibosh on the all-around experience; whereas spending a week or two of glorious anticipation of a fabulous flight home can really add to the overall experience.

It all boils down to different strokes for different folks; personal preference, and whatnot.

Oh, yeah: I forgot to add: That with the wonderful advice, tips, information, and resources from FlyerTalk, one doesnt need to spend anywhere near $8000 to fly around the world consistently in F or J!!!! ^

Last edited by kaukau; Apr 22, 2007 at 9:35 am