FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CO reitierates it plans to start IAH-Heathrow March 2008
Old Apr 19, 2007, 10:13 am
pbarnette
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by xyzzy
I'm soon flying a CO revenue ticket to LGW and connecting on an award ticket to elsewhere in Europe. There are *no* Skyteam flights available from LGW, necessitating a trek over to LHR and probably an overnight due to the amount of time that takes.
I think I was a little unclear. What I would think ideal for flyers would be for ST to just abandon the idea of operating out of LHR and just operate out of LGW instead, where they could offer more flights to more places. Slots are always going to be limited into and out of LHR, so ST will necessarilly have a relatively small presence at LHR. I would prefer that they instead increase service out of LGW and just abandon LHR. That way, you would have several choices ex-US rather than the limited number of flights CO can scrape together into LHR.

Of course, none of the ST airlines would ever give up the opportunity to serve LHR, so you would never get the sort of coverage out of LGW that would lead to my "ideal world" and we will be stuck with a situation only marginally better than we have now, with everyone fighting to get onto the precious few flights into and out of LHR.