View Single Post
Old Apr 17, 07, 2:58 pm
ger3sf

Programs: UA 1K MM, RCC, PreChk , Hertz 5* Gold, HH Silver, SPG Gold thx to Amex Plat
NYC Hotel? Anywhere but Sheraton Manhattan

I just returned from a 3-night stay this weekend at the Sheraton Manhattan.

Although the SPG website is touting renovations, I'm not sure where the renovations were, as the tiny rooms had tired furnishings, old CRT TV, and bathroom had peeling paint. I couldn't even control the room temp, as the thermostat did not work. OK, maybe the carpet and bed covers looked newish.

The lobby area shoehorned an area for several PCs, but free internet access was limited to about 5 minutes at a time. They could've used this space to make the lobby more spacious, as it seems chaotic when the hotel is crowded.

Also, I was on the 19th floor and the hotel must've rented several rooms to a group (Clampett family reunion?), as there were constant talking, opening/closing doors, etc. into the night. Conversations in the hallway and adjoining rooms were easily heard. I had to call security past midnight on the second night as people congregated in the elevator foyer and hallways. On the third/last night, they were at it again past 1am, but I was too tired to call security.