FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Miyako, Osaka, Japan [Master Thread]
Old Apr 17, 2007, 9:05 am
derpelikan

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
Arrow Sheraton Miyako, Osaka, Japan [Master Thread]

Hello everybody,

work brought me down to Osaka, landed at Kobe Airport and went to the china town . (had the best Nikuman there ...)

i checked out all 3 airports .

1.) Osaka (KIX) 1hour to the hotel.
2.) Osaka (ITM) Itami , there is a shuttle bus to the hotel (700yen/30mins )
3.) Kobe airport (you have to change the train 3 times... 970yen/ 1hour)

so the my advice is, fly to itm and take the bus ..

I arrived at Tanimachi-9chome station, and got off the subway.
just ask the staff there where the miyako hotel is, you have to work around 5minutes to arrive at the underground entrance of the hotel.

that entrance looked a bit shabby,,,

anyway, took the elevator and went up to the lobby which is in the second floor.

staff of the hotel came immediately and took my baggage. i told them that i am a platinum and they did take me to the dedicated platinum counter.

duty manager said hello , and checked me in.
he asked if i wanted twin or king and if i would like the suite or a deluxe room.

was told that the suites have no internet and are still not renovated so i went for the deluxe room.

this hotel has no lounge, but platinums get breakfast vouchers , welcome drink vouchers, gym vouchers.

my vouchers showed Platinum 001- 004 so i think i was one of the first platinums....

i entered the room,

on the right side the bathroom with a good choice of amenities.

the entrence is huge, you can have a little party there

the room , renovated , clean and it size was nice for a deluxe room. other hotels would have sold this as a junior suite, so it was ok.

NO platinum welcome letter, no fruits, only 2 bottle water for free.

you had a nice sofa on the left and two beds on the right.

went to the bar in the second floor and had my welcome drink, bar closes at 23pm. the vouchers were good for drinks max. 1100yen.

after the bar i went to bed , the beds were ok.

went for breakfast around 9pm (6am to 10am) , they had a huge selection of continental and japanese breakfast.

6-7 fruit drinks , flakes, egg, toast , miso soup , fish ..

the bacon was really nice, best bacon i had so far in japan .

checkout went smoth, had a total of 16000yen (room rate was around 12600yen)

cant complain about this hotel, but its not the best one. the westin in osaka is much better.

its a good alternative for people who want to stay at a low rate and its good for a hotel run for status.

from Shin-Osaka Shinkansen station you can take the Underground to Namba and than change to the Sennichimae Line. it takes appx . 20minutes from shin-osaka to the hotel.

Sheraton Miyako Osaka Hotel
6-1-55, Uehonmachi, Osaka 543-0001 Japan
Telefon: (81)(6) 6773 1111 Fax: (81)(6) 6773 3322

http://www.miyakohotels.ne.jp/osaka/

hotel is on the same level with the grand meridien in odaiba, the rooms are a bit better , but the same old hotel feeling in both places.

i have posted some picture here

http://blog.livedoor.jp/numazucat/ar.../50922140.html

at the end there is a link to kodak if you want to see more pictures.

cheers dp

Last edited by derpelikan; Jun 10, 2007 at 11:26 pm