FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Considering switching to VOIP - alarm system options??
Old Apr 12, 2007, 3:26 am
UALOneKPlus
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN Platinum
uControl installed and in service!

I received my uControl self install kit a few days ago and have installed it.

I'm super anal retentive when it comes to doing things right and documenting the whole process with digital photos, so the 20 minute install took me 40 minutes.

It was super easy!! I immediately had telephone and cellular communication. The only snag I hit was that my router did not want to communicate with the wifi dongle.

I resolved it by using powerline ethernet adapters.

It's amazing how user friendly and easy to use this service is. I can log on from any internet browser and see virtually anything I want - ARM/DisARM, zone activity, automatic alerts, emails, the last time Cellular, Broadband, and Telephone synced up, any type of disconnects, etc etc...

I also have to say TECH support was way way above expectations. I had the problem with the wifi part and I sent an email. Tech support called me back within 2 minutes, and spent over an hour with me on the phone to discuss potential config problems. It turns out that my router may just not be compatible with the USB wifi dongle, so powerline ethernet adapters work just fine. This was the best tech support experience I've EVER had with any service.

If anyone is looking to enhance their alarm system and get more flexibility and control, I HIGHLY recommend this service!! I know now that when I travel I won't have to wonder if my alarm is secure, or if I forgot to arm it I can log on remotely to arm the device and view all activities.

Very very very COOL. ^