FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Award Seats To Honolulu in Early June...HELP!
Old Apr 10, 2007, 12:51 am
KosraeTV

Programs: All My $$$ Went to CO (Plat) with a Lifetime PClub membership that got degraded to United crap...
Hate to tell you my experience....

I'm flying in from the Pacific on June 1st, and I am shipping family in from stateside the same time. I started to look in August of last year. Only after a lot of moaning and groaning did I end up getting seats in BF about a month ago but on May 30th departure, nothing on June 1st. I was open for anything plus or minus a few days and open to IAH, LAX, or EWR or anywhere and it took me forever.

Correct me if I am wrong as I can do this from here on CO but not sure about stateside, It is my understanding that OnePass Elite members can waitlist for reward seats and they can waitlist a whole bunch of different options / routes at one time. Atleast I had three different segements waitlisted for a reward seat. When it comes open they are held and the person can then get the seats. So that can eat up the seats in a hurry especially standard reward in coach on CO to HNL.

HNL is a tough ticket to get, the LAX HNL flight is more non rev flight then the HNL IAH and HNL EWR flight is so you might luck out but I'm not getting a warm and fuzzy feeling about your chances to get a standard reward seat on CO metal, with partners and doing some jumps and such you have a chance, but it would be better if your airport and your dates were flexible.