FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Flying Colors" Identity Theme Going Away? Upcoming New Livery...
Old Apr 7, 2007, 4:37 pm
Lehava
In memoriam

Programs: SWA A list preferred and CP, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz President's club
Originally Posted by SAYONNARA
My 2 cents:

The AJC Article stated that the new livery would not be introduced until after the airline emerges from bankruptcy. Normaly wouldn't the board of directors, and the airline's CEO have to meet and sign off on something this important? (if not then who at DL decided this one's it?)
The new board of directors has been chosen but the new CEO hasn't, which leads me to believe that this version (a.net pictures) is not the final version
but could be one of several designs that may be voted on when they finally meet.

Whatever the new design turns out to be, it will be radical. Delta is looking to reinvent itself and this will mean a totally whole new look.

Now that Delta has transformed itself into a mostly International carrier, I hope the new design leans more towards elegance and less towards cartoonish. The picture posted on A.net, is one possible step in that direction.
The new CEO hasnt been ANNOUNCED that doesnt mean internally Delta doesnt have a working plan involving that individual!!!