FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Comments: Don't Count OMNI Posts In Member Post Counts (Motion Failed)
Old Apr 5, 2007, 11:06 pm
Dovster
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by MapleLeaf
I don't care if they count or not, but retroactive is a bit dumb IMO.

Set the rules going forward, going backward, why?
MapleLeaf, those who asked to have this motion passed had only one real argument: that counting Omni posts is misleading as regards the travel-knowledge of the posters. Maybe that is right, maybe that is wrong, but if it right it certainly makes absolutely no sense to give credit for a "Joe will be the next person" post made yesterday but not one made tomorrow.

I really don't know how many Omni posts I have but I would not be in the least surprised to see that over half my post count disappears if this passes. I will not be bothered by that in the least.

Originally Posted by tom911
Do we actually have posters that have OMNI access that don't have 180 other posts somewhere else on FT (even before the 180 post access was enacted a few years back)?
Yes, there are 652 people who are currently Omni-enabled who would have less than 180 posts if their Omni posts aren't counted. The second paragraph of this motion guarantees that they will have the right to continue posting on Omni.

TRRed, it is my understanding that if this passes it will not remove eligibility for any person who is currently allowed to post on any forum. If I am wrong about that, I will immediately introduce a new motion restoring their eligibility.