FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Turboprops across Europe in Y
View Single Post
Old Apr 5, 2007, 2:36 pm
lnixon

Programs: SK *B (?)
Arn-lpi

I usually avoid flying via ARN, because as I use to say: You go to the smallest terminal. You go to the far end of it. There you enter a bus which drives you to the far end of the airport, where a tiny plane is waiting. As you enter the plane you bump your head on the door, and once you are inside, the first officer hands you a set of complimentary ear plugs. Always a bad sign, that.

ARN-LPI
SK3144, operated by JZ on HS metal
18:10-18:55
BAe Jetstream 31
Y class

And you do need those ear plugs. The Jetstream is noisy. And since the plane is so small you can really experience every eddy and whorl to the fullest extent. There is no inflight service of any kind.

But eventually we got to LPI on schedule. Minus my baggage.

Even if your baggage is supposedly checked through to your final destination, you have to retrieve it at ARN and carry it through customs there. I knew this. I just managed to forget it this time, distracted as I was by the lure of the Novia lounge. Argh. There's no service ARN-LPI on Good Friday, but hopefully they can route my bag through CPH so I can pick it up at LPI tomorrow afternoon.

So, a somewhat frustrating end to an otherwise enjoyable - though slightly noisy and cramped - journey.