FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A Most Excellent Flight..in coach....SYD-SFO on Qantas 4/4/07
Old Apr 5, 2007, 9:33 am
francophile

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
Thanks for the informative trip report. It's nice to hear that QF gives onboard recognition to OW emeralds, even sittting in coach. I've only flown three OW airlines (plus EI) in coach.

BA gives zero onboard recognition. CX goes above and beyond what is expected. On CX, at times I've been given extra snacks and served meals before all other coach passengers.

Two months ago on a CX 747 when coach was fairly full and I was seated in the aft coach cabin. About 30 minutes before landing, the inflight service manager (or purser) comes to my seat and asked me if I would like to sit in the first class cabin (near the nose) so that I could get priority disembarkation. That was cool. Well, now I can say I've tried the CX first class seat.

With the exception of short-haul flights (less than three hours), at least one CX flight attendant will come to my seat and greet me, ask me if I need anything, wishes me a pleasant flight. I've also been asked if they could offer me a special cocktail. I've never taken them up on that offer but I wonder if they'd be willing to make me a Pacific Sunrise?