FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What a Chutzpah El Al- SHAME ON YOU!!
View Single Post
Old Apr 5, 2007, 8:50 am
TLVorbust

Programs: CO - silver, dl plat, spg plat, Marriot plat
Originally Posted by themicah
They fly NYC-TLV 6-10x a year, booked 10 months in advance and checked in almost 3 hours early, and were denied boarding without any recourse? Wow.
Unless they had Matmid status would the check-in agent even be able to see how many points you have or flights you have taken? Also, flights taken is very different than flights booked, when flying many people will hold multiple reservations and either let some expire without paying or have full fare refundable tickets in case the trip no longer becomes necessary.

All that aside, this is still ridiculous. I do have one more idea though. For whatever reason El Al may have thought the the pax may now present some sort of security risk. I have had this happen to a friend of mine (he is extremely religious, and looks it, used to make the same number of flights, many of them in B, and had Matmid status.) He had one thing going against him, his last name was Arab, family of sephardic origin. One day he was flying out of TLV and when he went to check in, he was told that there was a problem and his reservation has been deleted. After having some personal friends work some official and unofficial channels he was able to fly standby. He went from front of B to back of Y (and this is when they still had the smoking section.)