FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Yay! FCC continues to block cellphone use in-flight
Old Apr 4, 2007, 8:40 am
doctall41

Programs: WN A List Preferred and CP, AA, IHG Spire, Hertz #1 Gold 5*, Hilton Diamond, Enterprise Platinum
Originally Posted by aeneastwin
The FCC is keeping its rule in place about turning off cell phones during airplane flights.

At the risk of sounding like a clucking maiden aunt, the standard of manners in America has been going downhill for decades. If people were allowed to use their cell phones during a flight, they would subject everyone in the plane to their loud, inane chatter -- it would be a new form of extended torture for travellers. And the flight attendants would have to break up fist fights.

I recently travelled first class from Fort Lauderdale to New York and the loudness of people's conversations was deafening. There were constantly passengers from economy demanding to use the first class bathroom because an exception had to be made in their case. Of course, as soon as we landed the cell phones got turned on and I had to hear the person next to me issuing executive orders to his secretary. At one point, a very drunk guy in the opposite aisle accused me and the person sitting next to me of being brothers. He started yelling over and over again that we must be brothers (we had never met before).

Thank you Flyertalk for allowing me to rant. And thank God that there will be no cell phones turned on during flights!
I agree that I don't want cell phone access during flights. It's annoying! But, don't tell me it's for security reasons, but bravo anyway!