FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What's the oddest thing you've smuggled across a border?
Old Apr 3, 2007, 8:27 pm
Marathon Man
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
2 months ago, 7 friends of mine drove to Montreal for a 3 day weekend. Upon returning to the US in Vermont, the car was searched and this spooked them. Well, they were allowed to go thru and they drove a while down the highway. About 3 miles or so later, they THEN stopped and threw away all the weed they had brought INTO Canada and then the remainder back out. I was like, WHY? You already got thru!

In 1996, my now wife, then girlfriend had to get her Visa renewed. She's from Europe. The INS told her to go to the Canadian border. We were living in VT at the time so we took an afternoon drive. The papers were mixed up and so were we. they wanted to deport her then and there until we explained our mistakes and said we were now trying to fix them. So the US told her to go to Canada and come back in and the US would issue her a new visa. But when she got to Canada (litterally 30 feet away) they got mad at her and this man with a heavy french accent said he did not like his country to be used in this way. He reluctantly issued her entry and then when she went back to the US side, they had just gone on a shift change. The new agents were pissed at her and wanted to know what scam she was trying to pull. We had to do it all over again and were there for at least 5 hours. Both countries hated her by the time we left.

I once went to visit a friend in Atlantic City, NJ flying CO from Boston. I had a bag of weed on me in my carry bag. My car keys were in one side zipper and the weed in the other. The beeper went off and the guy wanted to see what I had. I went to show him what was in the zipper (the keys) and I forgot which side was which! I was very lucky to have opened the right one (slowly) but have never won at Roulette since. I dont mind though!