FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - NW Domestic First Class - Worst in the industry???
Old Mar 24, 04, 7:50 pm
keithguy

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Radiocycle:
I think in domestic FC most pax want a quiet FC cabin, enjoy the extra seat pitch (and seat width) and if a FC pax wants to watch a movie they have the DVD player and the movie.</font>
In case you are not familiar with in-flight entertainment, it involves passengers plugging in headphones for the audio portion. As a result, a cabin with IFE can also be quiet.

And if passenger all just brought their own amenities, would airlines need to provide them at all?

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Personally, I think the airlines spending a lot of $$$$ on domestic IFE and paying big $$$$ for the IFE content (whether anyone watches it or not) is not good business.

Just my opinion
</font>
Is the part regarding "the airlines spending a lot of $$$$ on domestic IFE and paying big $$$$ for the IFE content" an opinion or fact? Do airlines actually spend a lot of "$$$$" on domestic IFE? Are they actually paying big "$$$$" for IFE content?