FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Suggested itinerary for walking tour from Lower Manhattan to Central Park
Old Apr 2, 2007, 1:38 am
Landing Gear

Programs: AA Platinum 2.3MM (Lifetime PLT)
Originally Posted by dhammer53
New York City is a big place. I'll start with the following...
I hate to do this, but I think it behooves we New Yorkers to be precise with the information we give visitors. I hope you agree.

Start in lower Manhattan (the Wall St area) and head north.
The next stop on this itinerary is actually south.

1. Take a free ride on the Staten Island ferry (with an immediate return). Spectacular views of NYC (and Brooklyn)
Brooklyn and Staten Island have been a part of the City of New York since 1898. Time to update your records.

2. On arrival back in NYC, walk north along the Hudson River (on your left) and head to the Wall Trade center site.

3. Walk east on Wall Street (just ask anyone) to the East River.
a) You never left New York city with this route.

b) Wall Street does not intersect either West Street or Church Street, the west and east borders of the World Trade Center location. The beginning of the western end of Wall Street is at Broadway.

7. On Grand St, make a left to Broadway. Make a right on Broadway and walk to Prince Street. Make a left as you head into SOHO. Head to West Broadway. You can make lefts and rights and explore.
You can make a left or a right but if you are heading west from Ferrara's, you had better make a right if you wish to head NORTH to Prince Street.