FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - European Business class can be pretty nice!! LH/TP/LX/LO/VO/OS in C with 100+ pics!
Old Apr 1, 2007, 11:32 am
TrayflowInUK

Programs: UA 1K, QF Plat, VA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Coles FlyBuys
Jacob_m,

Another GREAT trip report comes to a close.

I followed your RTW F TR with great interest and enthusiasm, and wasn't sure what to think about a European business class TR. My European business experience has been limited to KL and AZ and thus, ahem, less than stellar. I found this TR to be fascinating; seems like Star Alliance is the place to be!

Question: what kind of ticket was this? And putting any discretion aside (sorry in advance), what did it cost? Did you take advantage of any special arrangements (like a Europe Pass in conjunction with a TATL flight)?

European C class is IME prohibitively priced, if you bought point-to-point tickets I imagine this could have cost as much as a short RTW in C!!!

Originally Posted by jacob_m
The flight to Heathrow was operated by an Airbus A321 which seemed quite full in both classes.... http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...7/IMG_3687.jpg
Man, it looks like Row 1 is THE place to be on an A321! Loads of legroom! Doesn't look like that's the case in Row 2 and higher; am I right?