FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Exit row at 33 weeks pregnant?
View Single Post
Old Mar 31, 2007, 2:57 pm
Flyer23

Programs: AA 1MM, working my way back up to AS and Marriott elite status post-baby!
Just to be clear. I agree 100% that anyone incapable of lifting a rollaboard into an overhead bin should not be sitting in an exit row.

But even now, I am still perfectly capable of lifting my rollaboard into the overhead bin. The comment I mentioned was from another passenger and it was made as I was placing said bag into said bin, without asking for any assistance. In fact, the full comment was, "Good job! But you know, you shouldn't be lifting that right now."

I am still in good shape, still lift weights regularly at the gym, still run 2-3 miles a day. I have no doubt that I could lift a 50 lb door. I'm not asking for any rules to be bent for me. I'm just asking that I be allowed to determine what I'm capable of doing, since I think I know myself and my capabilities better than a FA.

Originally Posted by JGR01
With the flight being a 757 why not attempt to book the seats 9A/9B (exit rows at door 2L) [or 7D/7E if ex-TWA] as there is a FA jump seated right there and the door is a full sized door not a window plug.
Row 9 is booked on the way out. It's an option on the way back, but since that is still an exit row, the FA could still boot me out if s/he felt that my pregnancy might prevent me from performing exit row duties (even if those duties would be nothing more than opening a door).

Originally Posted by RDUWanderer
It's good training. Just wait until you see the looks you get when you board with an external rather than internal baby.
Good point