FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Prince De Galles, Paris, France - Pre-2013 Remodel [Master Thread]
Old Mar 28, 2007, 10:26 pm
SST

Originally Posted by topherathon
travelling with my wife and her parents. since we are 4 people with luggage, I would prefer not to take two taxis. We arrive on a Wednesday morning - I have heard both good and bad about pre-arranged shuttle service. Looking for the simplest, safest way to the Westin. Cost is a factor of course but would spend a few more euros to gain some time/convenience.

Thanks for the help folks -

Starwood - Plat
Marriott - Plat
AA - Plat
Get one of the taxis waiting at CDG that CAN accomodate 4+ luggage; there's usually several. The drivers ahead of them in line will no doubt understand....... (and if they don't, so what?) I've never taken two cabs FROM CDG. Now, getting back, you're in a little jeopardy. Having the hotel call one for you could lead to a big charge. My suggestion there is that you ask your driver for his card; he'll probably have one, and you can book him personally to come back and give you your lift to the airport. It's worked for me (with three others). Have a great time in Paris!

(NOTE: In my experience, this confidence is NOT justified in Paris on the streets; PLAN on using the metro, because half the taxi drivers in the city will complain bitterly or just refuse to take you at all once they see 4 people. It pains them to move their map and stuff off the passenger seat. Arguing politely in francais will improve your percentage over 50%, and in any case you'll eventually get a ride because either a bigger cab comes along or a hungrier driver, but the arguing gets tiresome especially if it's raining and cabs are scarce, and the metro is really superb and beats a taxi most times anyway.)

Last edited by SST; Mar 28, 2007 at 10:33 pm