FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [*CLOSED*] Four Points Sihlcity, Zurich, Switzerland [Master Thread]
Old Mar 27, 2007, 12:54 am
ant_west

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Plat
Zurich - Sihlcity anyone?

After my second distinctly mediocre experience at the ArabellaSheraton Neues Schloss in a month and in search of a new hotel for Zurich, I noticed (too late for this trip) that the Four Points Sihlcity opened at the weekend - the pictures on the website look pretty good and the location is in my preferred area so wondered if anyone had stayed there in the opening few days and could report on it?

It seems there are fairly mixed reports on here about the AS NS depending on whether you manage to get an upgrade or not. I arrived late at night and got given the key to room 104 - this was just about the smallest room I have seen in a European hotel for quite a while and had a single bed and a bathroom with only a shower and no bath. I immediately telephoned down to the front desk and requested another room and was told the hotel was totally full but on pressing he said he could give me 205 which was "a little larger" and had a king size bed. This was ok but still pretty small and certainly not what you'd consider a platinum upgrade. My beef is that I can accept the hotel is full but given platinums are supposed to get the best available room at check-in, I am pretty peeved that they gave me a tiny room with a single bed when they had available a king room!